Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

reshoot

9mmalpha

"Gun is loaded and holstered per 8.1.1 & 8.1.2" Jeez...what is the point of that? It is easier to just say the gun ready condition. Or..."default". George covered this best as RM at an Area 8 match a few years back. In the shooter's meeting, he covered that the default gun ready condition would in place unless otherwise noted. The CRO's didn't have to read it over and over all for 4 days. Simple and sweet.

To clarify just a bit (if memory does not fail me)....

We were going to be working in bad rain and wanted to minimize any wasted time. There were a couple of "this will be the same for all stages" items in the shooters meeting. One was that all barrels were soft cover. I don't immediately recall the other item.

But Flex is right about the gun ready condition. I did not include the common "8.1.1 and 8.1.2" reference. I personally dislike wasting time on that. Why do we feel the need to quote those particular rules? If they are so important, why do we not quote rule numbers for everything else we mention in the WSB? My suspicion is that because it was used at a major match in the past and everyone assumed it was encouraged or required.

Here's another one: Why do we mention that time will stop with our last shot? It's in the rules. Just a hold-over from way back when we changed from stopwatches to timers, I suspect.

But here's the best one: Why do we mention that the match will run under the current USPSA rulebook? It's a USPSA match, what other rules would we possibly be using?

Keep the WSBs short and to the point. Rule 3.2.1 covers all the required information. Anything else is mostly unnecessary, although some optional items may be a good idea (such as the default competitor ready position) for those shooters who aren't very knowledgeable about the finer points of the rules.

:cheers:

OK George ... Would you accept:

— Scoring Method: Comstock

— Targets (type & number): 3 Mertic targets, 6 Pepper Poppers

— Minimum number of rounds: 12

— The handgun ready condition: Loaded and holstered

— Start position: Standing naturally at XX, facing targets

— Time starts: At the buzzer

— Procedure: On signal shoot targets

... or do we need more words?