Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI w/ Caspian barrel

x-ring shooter

Well....No. I don't plan shooting open with this gun. I was hoping to use it in limited if I could get the round count up. I have a fatal flaw liking 45 acp. I forgot all about the porting rule kicking this gun into open. I figured since it would be an open gun due to design that I would start a post here. I'll try to get some pic's up as I want to know who built it.

Even for limited, you are at a serious round count disadvantage. The porting is the problem as you note. You are going to need a new barrel to move out of open with that gun. Why not go for L10 where a 45 (with the proper barrel configuration) is the gun of choice for major PF.

Probably less important who built the gun than the condition it is in now and how much work is needed to configure it for the division you want to shoot. Have a trusted gunsmith inspect it and talk with him about what changes can or should be made.

Welcome to the fourm. The gun could have been built by any number of smiths. Pic will probably help.

So, yYou plan to shoot a single stack 45 with 10 shot capacity versus every other open shooter with 24+ rounds?

Yeah, it's still a 45 and yeah it is still anemic in the round count department but it's a 2011 not a 1911.

Pat