Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

United States Shooting Academy

I will be participating in the IDPA National Match in Tulsa, OK at this facility in late September.

What can you tell me that will be helpful about the facility. My wife's 83 year old uncle lives in Tulsa and he will be hosting me during the match... In return he wants to accompany me so information on what we can expect or what we need to take along would be helpful.

I have a range cart and am already planning on a cooler, a "bag" chair so that he can rest, and probably an umbrella for shade.

- - Will we have a 2 miles walk from the parking lot?

- - Is there any shade?

- - How about rest rooms?

- - How about a place to buy food or drinks?

You guys get the idea.

Thanks in advance for your tips.

Mark

Edited by MichiganShootist

I will be participating in the IDPA National Match in Tulsa, OK at this facility in late September.

What can you tell me that will be helpful about the facility. My wife's 83 year old uncle lives in Tulsa and he will be hosting me during the match... In return he wants to accompany me so information on what we can expect or what we need to take along would be helpful.

I have a range cart and am already planning on a cooler, a "bag" chair so that he can rest, and probably an umbrella for shade.

- - Will we have a 2 miles walk from the parking lot?

- - Is there any shade?

- - How about rest rooms?

- - How about a place to buy food or drinks?

You guys get the idea.

Thanks in advance for your tips.

Mark

All parking is 300 yards or so maximum from the shooting bays. You will be on asphalt so your shooting range cart doesn't need to be a 4x4!

We (USSA) provide water on every stage and there are vending machines in the lodge with Gatorade, soft drinks, and snacks.

We will have shade canopies on the stages.

The lodge has full restroom facilities and we will have port-a-pots on the ranges. One every 2-3 bays or so is standard.

The nearest town is Owasso about five miles away. Several restaurants on 76th street as you leave the range and come into town. There is a QuikTrip right there as well.

The weather forecast looks like it will be somewhat pleasant. Nothing like our extreme hot spell that finally broke a week or so ago.

All the shooting bays are grass so bring shoes with traction.

Thats what I'm talking about!!!!!

This is all good information and not "stuff" that is on the USSA www site or that has been provided by the IDPA thus far.

Thanks !!!

The videos of the range make it look so G-normous... I was worried about the logistics. My Uncle-in-law will be a major distraction.. but I wanted to make sure this was an effort that he could physically handle.

Any other insights from shooters who have been at an IDPA National event at this venue would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Edited by MichiganShootist

The facility is very nice...when you are not shooting at targets with hardcover that are hiding behind tree stumps, on the east side of the shooting bay, early in the morning, with the sun coming up, with a little bit of mist/fog in the air, using moly-bullets and Tite Group, looking through sweaty fogged up Rudy lenses that are just a little bit too dark for that time of day,..not that I would know or anything. :rolleyes: