Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-75 B SA - Production Legal?!?!

38SuperDub

So I was looking at the list of Approved Production Guns on USPSA's website and this is what I found for CZ.

"CZ100 (24 oz.), CZ100B (24 oz.), CZ2075 Rami 9mm & 40 S&W (25.5 oz.), CZ2075 Rami P 9mm & 40 S&W (23.5 oz.), CZ75 (34.3 oz.), CZ75 Compact 9mm (33 oz.), CZ75 P01 (27.2 oz.), CZ75 SemiCompact (33 oz.), CZ75 SP-01 (41.2 oz.), CZ75 SP-01 Shadow 9mm 4.72" (42 oz.), CZ75 SP-01 Tactical (41 oz.), CZ75B 9mm & 40 S&W (34.3 oz.), CZ75B Stainless (35.3 oz.), CZ75BD (34.3 oz.), CZ75D Compact (28.3 oz.), CZ83 (28.3 oz.), CZ85 (35.2 oz.), CZ85 Combat (35.2 oz.), CZ85B (35.2 oz.), CZ97B (40.8 oz.)"

There is no mention of the CZ75B SA (the Single Action version w/ drop free magazine). Are these USPSA Production Legal???

Brandon

if it is not on the list, it is not legal. with that said, SA means single action only, and most if not all production gun should start Double action. DA/SA. or can be striker like Glocks and M&Ps.

now, do you have a CZ75B SA? if you do, hopefully it is 40S&W, you can run that in L-10 major. if you have 9mm, you are stuck with minor.

EDIT: now if you have CZ75B SA and really really want to go production. do what i did, sell it and get a minked SP01 :cheers:

Edited by Torogi

if it is not on the list, it is not legal. with that said, SA means single action only, and most if not all production gun should start Double action. DA/SA. or can be striker like Glocks and M&Ps.

now, do you have a CZ75B SA? if you do, hopefully it is 40S&W, you can run that in L-10 major. if you have 9mm, you are stuck with minor.

EDIT: now if you have CZ75B SA and really really want to go production. do what i did, sell it and get a minked SP01 :cheers:

Minked SP01?!?!?!?!

Care to elaborate

All in all there is really no benefit to the SA - because on the regular 75B - with the DA/SA - you can holster the gun with the hammer cocked correct?

Only benefit would be a more consistent trigger pull (no DA pull then SA pull) when competing in Limited or Limited 10.

The regular 75B (with DA/SA) can't be holstered with the hammer cocked (and locked/thumb safety activated otherwise shooter is DQ'd for holstering without the safety on) in Production division but can in Limited and Limited 10 divisions.

Ok so answer this - what would be the benefit in Limited? You still start with the hammer cocked correct?

Some that have used the SA frame will notice that it has the benefit of the more up-swept beavertail and allows for a better grip on the frame, similar to the SP-01 series but with a lighter frame weight. The older 75B models do not have this style of beavertail, but I believe the new Omega trigger models do have the newer style beavertail.

All in all there is really no benefit to the SA - because on the regular 75B - with the DA/SA - you can holster the gun with the hammer cocked correct?

Only benefit would be a more consistent trigger pull (no DA pull then SA pull) when competing in Limited or Limited 10.

The regular 75B (with DA/SA) can't be holstered with the hammer cocked (and locked/thumb safety activated otherwise shooter is DQ'd for holstering without the safety on) in Production division but can in Limited and Limited 10 divisions.

So I pulled the rules - Am I missing something here - the CZ 75B is a SA/DA pistol which qualifies it for the "Selective action" section of the 8.1.2 rule - which states that you can have the hammer cocked if the safety is engaged. The 75B has a safety therefore you can cock it am i wrong here?

screenshot20100825at202pmpng530a2.png

So I pulled the rules - Am I missing something here - the CZ 75B is a SA/DA pistol which qualifies it for the "Selective action" section of the 8.1.2 rule - which states that you can have the hammer cocked if the safety is engaged. The 75B has a safety therefore you can cock it am i wrong here?

screenshot20100825at202pmpng530a2.png

You're correct, but it also says see divisions appendix D.

Under Production:

Special conditions:

Handguns with external hammers must be fully decocked at the start signal.

Edited by DWFAN