Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bought The 650... Can I Place It

So I just bought my 650XL and a bunch of goodies :D , Brian tells me all the stuff should ship sometime next week... That's fine, I wanted to clear one of my benches off in the garage anyways.

So I clean out the area I was thinking of putting the reloader. The best place I can think of is about 2 feet away from my water heater in the garage. Is this safe? I understand that smokeless powders do not go boom but, what do you guys think?

Gas or electric?

The only issue you would probably have is if you had gas water heater and a LOT of powder suddenly go airborne, then left a trail of powder from the chimney of the water heater to the box were you put all your powder and primers....

Not likely.

In my old house my setup was 6' from my water heater and I never felt in danger. It's gasoline and other stuff that has combustible vapors that is the real no-no around gas water heaters. All my gas cans stayed *outside*, when I had a garage with a gas water heater in it.

Congrats on the new baby! :wub:

My water heater is gas. The only powder that will be close by would be powder in the hopper of the machine. I suppose there will be powder a little airborne when I refill the hopper. Maybe I'll try to find another locale?

I would store the primers and powder on another bench. I would put he loader on the other bench but,I don't think I have enough clearance due to the casefeeder. We'll see when it comes in...

Hey, How'd you know about my newborn???