Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Biggest grip and smallest safety

spook

I took the plunge and bought a Shadow for IPSC PD.

Now, I have huge hands and the rubber grips are a little small for me. Are there any bigger grips for the Shadow? Preferably non-rubber because I want to stick some griptape on it.

Also, I tend to ride the gun high with my support hand (used to shooting Glocks) and the big safety is right in the way of where I want my support hand to be. Do the small RAMI safeties fit the Shadow?

You have the same problem I do. To get rid of the wide safeties, you will need standard sp-01 safeties, left hand and right hand, plus the sear cage they ride in. Three parts all available from czcustom.com - give them a call and they'll help you out.

In addition, they have aluminum grips available in thick instead of thin, to help fill out your hands.

Hope this helps.

Gerard.

I held a gun with it and it felt like a tree trunk... but it is all subjective. Yes it is thick, I think angus has the exact measurements on czcustom on the same table where it lists the weights.

If it still isn't thick enough, I've seen people buy thick wood grips and add thick grip tape.

If it still isn't thick enough, I've seen people buy thick wood grips and add thick grip tape.

Thick wood grips would bump you out of Production, though... the "factory profile" wood grips are actually ever so slightly thinner than the stock black plastic grips.

Grip thickness, from thickest to thinnest:

Rubber > Plastic > Wood > Thick Aluminum > Thin Aluminum

Of course, the different profiles between the different grips will also result in a different feel - a thinner setup may feel "bulkier" depending on how the contour fits your hand.