Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

having a hard time finding a comfortable grip

cali shot doc

for me, you first have to describe 'comfortable'??? is it because it doesnt 'fit' well in your hand??? the grip safety biting somehow??? is it recoiling too much or much more than you think it should????

for me, i take a thumb-high grip with my right hand, then take the heel of your left hand and place it in the space ofthe grip ofthe gun on the left side and wrap your hand around, till the knuckles of your lefthand wrap around the knuckles of the right...conversly take the second knuckle joint ofthe left and then fold the lefthand around till the heel ofthe hand fits in that 'pocket' or space on the grip ofthe gun, dont 'death grip' it, firm handshake pressure with the right, and the rest is taken up by the left, could also be in your stance your not comphy, is it aggressive??? or is it neutral or negative in nature??? do you have to reset after a couple of shots or can hold the one position for a full magazine???

If possible, please post photos from the right side, left side and rear (demonstrating how much space is between the web of your right hand and the beavertail).

I've been working on variations of this a lot recently - attempting to find the most efficient left hand grip to help with return of the front sight - with the consultation of Aloha Robert. Some of what I've played with may be helpful to you, but it would be beneficial to see where you're holding right now.

Have you done Burkett's "timing drills"? If you don't know what those are or how to do/interpret them, there are threads here that discuss them, or I believe that he still has that posted both on his website and on the "pro tips" on the Double Alpha site.