Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22 w/ 24 slide

southernshooter

I'm shooting limited with a standard Glock 22 but, I'm wanting to build a G24 top end for it. Would I benefit from the longer barrel and slide or would the money be better spent another way? Also, I looked through the rule book and it didn't specify whether or not the mod would be legal. Would it be legal for limited?

Yes, it is legal. I have both. I am not sure there is that much difference in competition performance. I bought the 24 thinking that there would be. If money is an issue, I think it would be better spent on practice ammo, a training class with a GM, trigger upgrades, etc.

Regards,

Jack

Legal, yes. As for better its personal preference I guess. A lot of folks shoot the 35 and 24 in limited for just that reason. I shoot a 35 and I like it better than the 22 for balance, sight radius, etc. Never shot a 24 but there are plenty that do.

I've shot a G22, G35 and G24 my personal preference is the G35 then the G24 then the G22. I shot the G24 for a few years when I went to the G35 I just shot it better it seemed a little faster on transitions and was every bit as accurate. The G22 was mostly a back up, GSSF and carry gun it shot well but not as good as the other 2 which is what you would expect with the longer sight radius longer barrel and a little more weight out front.

Tim

I'm shooting limited with a standard Glock 22 but, I'm wanting to build a G24 top end for it. Would I benefit from the longer barrel and slide or would the money be better spent another way? Also, I looked through the rule book and it didn't specify whether or not the mod would be legal. Would it be legal for limited?

Have both G35 with G24 top end. The G24 shoots softer and flatter with major 180 gr loads and makes major velocity with a little less powder than out of a G35.