Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warren/Seveigny sights for XD?

Field

srsly i want them:

wtsf_web_rs.jpg

but i get the jist that warren dont make no sight set like that for the XD dovetails, i know that they offer a warren REAR sight but they dont have the sweet sweet .115x .215 black serrated front that i WANT. im a bit irritated, i mean heini makes something close, but not quite, the front sight is just too damn fat and its all dinky and a PAIN to punch into the dovatails cause theres nothin to punch on. dawson dont make the combo that i am wanting, they make some taLLL black front sights that you have to pair with some stupid $80 adjustable target sight, (i just want a fixed rear to match ffs)

what is the closest i could get to the seveigny competition sight set for the XD?

all i want is (.100x .200) or (.115 x .215) black serrated front paired with some rear sight that has something like a .140-.145 wide rear notch

Edited by Field

Dude.......ive been looking around and i dont think aNYONE makes a .115x .215 black serrated front sight for the XD.. what the hell gives?

i think i should tell somebody to custom make me one of them

Edited by Field

im kind of blown away it seems like nobody makes a black serrated front sight for the XD that would match up with the Warren tactical rear sight .

ive seen pictures of this sight setup and really It looks perfect what I REALLY want is that seveigny competition sight set that you see for the glocks except on my XDm. a .115x .215 black serrated front imo is perfect in size.

it doesn’t make sense that the Warren rear sight WOULD be available for the XD while there is no matching front sight other than the factory front sight and that stupid Dawson Precision fiber optic sight .1x.160. I don’t want a fiber optic sight, I don’t want to JB weld or paint over my DP sight,.....I want a black serrated sight that is .115x.215 in dimension..NOBODY makes one to those dimensions FOR THE XD. I want it///functional AND fancy looking.

Heini makes some of them SLANT PROS for the XD but honestly I didn’t really dig them THAT much I mean I like the height but the damn thing is just too fat and it still seems fat even when you got a .150 wide rear notch. that and I don’t think heini makes any front sights other than their signature FAT .125 wide front sight

I know that DP makes black sights for the XD but 1. I think .285 is too damn tall and THEN I gotta buy some stupid $80-100 adjustable target rear sight. that will not do.

Field,

Send it to a gunsmith and have a custom made front sight, the Warren XD rear sight uses the stock front sight height of .160. Which rear Warren are you using that it requires a .215 front?

Rich

I used the Sevigny competition rear sight with the factory white dot front sight and it worked well. I too wanted all black sights. I was going to have the dot "filled" and the front sight narrowed (it's a bit wide) but I changed to Dawson adjustable rear and the matching black .215 tall front. The front sight is very tall but in practice it hasn't been a problem.

Dawson now makes this fixed rear sight http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+REAR:Springfield+Armory+Rear+Sights:Springfield+Armory+Charger+Rear+Sights in a non-serrated version andit has a .145 rear notch. I read elsewhere that a matching black front sight will eventually be made for this rear sight.