Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New kid from Lawton

Golden Bear

Hey folks,

Long time shooter, first time poster.

I'm over in Lawton and it upsets me that it's at least an hour's drive to get to a range, much less a match.

Mostly, I'm here to read and learn. If it's something I know about, I might pitch a comment in.

Cheers!

~GB

Welcome to the boards. I spent 11 years at Sill (91-02); lots of great shooting if you don't mind driving a bit. Check out the SCRAP Club in Duncan (Jon Ax), the Duke Club (Glenn Martin), DTR in Wichita Falls(Robert Porter) has already been mentioned - great facility and world-class matches. Also a very active group with the OKC Gun Club - lots of quality matches. Think there's also a club associated with an indoor gun range in OKC also. We also used to shoot matches at a club in Burkburnett, but not sure if that one is still active.

If you want to drive a bit further into TX, you'll find all the shooting you can handle.

Thanks for the welcome, all. :)

I've been to most of the matches you've mentioned: SCRAP @ Duncan, OK, Double Tap Ranch, Duke and H&H in OKC. I haven't made it over to the OKC Gun Club or the Hinton, OK match yet. Might make it over to Tulsa (!) or DFW (!!), depending on interest, inclination and gas money.

Shooting is around, I'm just not so thrilled about driving so far for it. It adds to the overall trip/match cost.