Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem with Search In Forum Section

When you are in a forum section, there is a search window at the bottom. That should only search in that specific section, or at least that's what it used to do. It is now doing the same thing as the search at the forum top, which is to search the entire forum rather than the specific section.

Tempoary workaround. A search does run in just the forum you are clicked in to if you use the search field at the upper right corner of the page. (Note it changes from Search Forums to Search This Forum to Search This Topic as you click your way in.)

be

In an attempt to educate myself on the details of 38 TJ, I tried to search for it using "Search section: Forums" and it is returning no matches. I know I have seen it multiple times.

Browsing the threads on recent search problems I decided to try "slide glide" as Brian suggested elsewhere and it works fine.

I'm not one to have issues I can't figure out in most software, but this has me stumped. :huh: Any suggestions?

This problem is now "fixed." Because with the new software, the lower left search field wasn't even supposed to appear there. And now it doesn't appear for us. (IP fixed it.)

Note how as you click into the forums, how the upper right search field changes from Forums, to This Forum, to This Topic. And you can also click "This Topic" for example, to change where the search is performed.

be