Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 Malfunction

muahdib4

Ok, just got back from the range. 250 rounds through the gun without a hitch. Looks like the cruddy extractor was the problem. I shot it fast, slow...emptied magazines and changed cadence to see where the problem might be. I also shot in different patterns and magazines loaded fully and with partial mags and such. I did have 1 round when I first got there that didn't feed at first put I pushed on the slide and it went in. It was a round from AA&A which when I put them on the micrometer measure out to 1.118 and the Georgia Arms ammo I had been shooting all year measure 1.114. Both seem a lot shorter OAL then I've read people using. Anyway, I'll be at the Kansas Sectional next week and we'll see how the gun goes. I have a Glock 34 here now to use as backup even though it will change all my scoring to minor but at least it's a backup that would keep me from blowing more than 1 COF. On a side note...the practice really opened up some things. Shooting a single target as fast as I could and then falling into a rhythm with it really brought the sights and sight movement into focus and showed me my rhythm that I need to keep in my head. It was great following that rhythm and just watching the middle of the Alpha disintegrate.

Don't be afraid of the ghost rocket. I shot on your squad at Area 3 and I run the 3.5 with overtravel stop all the time with no problems in my G34.

Glad to hear you got it figured out.

Rob

Thanks Rob and congratulations on the top 10 Production finish. I'm also putting together a small cleaning kit to keep in my gun bag. I saw you going over your gun with a light cleaning at the safety area table and that's something I'm going to make sure I can do next time as well.