Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SLP W/Nordic Mag Extension - Anyone Have Pics?

5Shot

I never shoot open. I put it on for a couple of reasons. Sometimes the matches allow more rounds. Some only state 8+1 at the start. If I am strictly limited to 8+1, I'll put a fired hull in the end of the tube. For me, it is easier to load the tube to capacity quickly like this. One other minor reason is that sometimes I use cheap Rio #4 buckshot for stubborn plates or long distance poppers. The Rio's are little longer than 2 3/4". I could only get 7 in the tube with them.

I never shoot open. I put it on for a couple of reasons. Sometimes the matches allow more rounds. Some only state 8+1 at the start. If I am strictly limited to 8+1, I'll put a fired hull in the end of the tube. For me, it is easier to load the tube to capacity quickly like this. One other minor reason is that sometimes I use cheap Rio #4 buckshot for stubborn plates or long distance poppers. The Rio's are little longer than 2 3/4". I could only get 7 in the tube with them.

You mentioned that it makes loading to capacity easier...why is that?

(I don't want to sound like I'm criticizing you at all, I'm just curious is all.)

Edited by GorillaTactical

The extension gives more room for the spring to compress in. A little less force is required to load the last few rounds. It isn't much but it does help a little at least for me.

Do you run the stock spring with the extension?

Nope. My SLP is about 3 years old. I replaced the spring with a Nordic spring that comes with the extension. I trim it to the specs Nordic gives. I generally try to replace it at least yearly.

The extension gives more room for the spring to compress in. A little less force is required to load the last few rounds. It isn't much but it does help a little at least for me.

Nope. My SLP is about 3 years old. I replaced the spring with a Nordic spring that comes with the extension. I trim it to the specs Nordic gives. I generally try to replace it at least yearly.

One more question...(you've been really helpful so far)...when you say you "insert an empty hull", what exactly do you mean?

One more question...(you've been really helpful so far)...when you say you "insert an empty hull", what exactly do you mean?

At some matches having the ability to load more than the limit puts you in open. Adding the empty hull limits the capacity of the tube to the allowed limit. To accomplish this take the end off of the tube and insert hull on top of the spring with the primer side towards the receiver. Reattach end cap. Another way to do it is to have a short length of dowel rod cut to the length of 2.75 inches.