Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sphinx Search

benos

We are now searching with Sphinx!

:D

To bring up a thread title only search area, just click the search button, with nothing in the search field.

I'm looking into why we don't have the full Advanced Search Feature, because IP has it on their forums.

be

To bring up a thread title only search area, just click the search button, with nothing in the search field.

Or you can just click just to the right of the search button, there's an invisible link for (a partially) Advanced Search.

I think to fix that area I'm going to have to run some Template rebuilding tools... Looking into it.

be

Brian

I am wondering if the Sphinx search has broken the View New Content option. When that button is clicked it runs the search engine and that is now different with the Sphinx process. Perhaps there needs to be a corresponding change to the View New Content process ?

Brian

I am wondering if the Sphinx search has broken the View New Content option. When that button is clicked it runs the search engine and that is now different with the Sphinx process. Perhaps there needs to be a corresponding change to the View New Content process ?

I need to hire you for this kind of stuff!

:)

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111346&view=findpost&p=1264076

We're back on Traditional search until we can work out some bugs with Sphinx.

And the search area is now appearing correctly. Click on the little star/cog thing to get to Advanced Search.

be