Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ideal props for practice

GeneralChang

What props would you guys say is an absolute must to have for individual practice? I'm curious as to how many target stands, plates, and poppers etc. would be ideal for practice. Please share your thoughts, thanks in advance.

Edited by GeneralChang

I think two boxes, 3 target stands, and a barricade (or a 4th target stand that you can use as a barricade).

That's what I use primarily. I'm fortunate that my local range has two plate racks, a Texas Star and some fixed plates that I can incorporate into drills as well but the paper targets are mostly what I use. Add some No Shoots and painted hard cover to them and the possibilities are almost limitless. I even made a plywood template of a US popper that lets me paint one on cardboard. It doesn't fall but I just patch it with white pasters so it is a pretty good surrogate.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a pendilum out of 2x2s and a 18x18 piece of plywood. There is a pin set to release the target that someone can pull a string or tie to a plate. Shoot the plate and the pin pulls out. I am going to experiment with a tension screw instead of the axl. The plywood takes a pounding but can be covered with cardboard in a pinch. Dont have picks but it is pretty simple.