Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cell Phone Company

North

I have orders to Mississippi, my cell phone provider does not have local service in Mississippi. I can use my plan in Mississippi, but I will not be able to get a local number or physically go to a store for any help.

I just got off the phone with a person that simply refused to let me talk to a supervisor. I got a vague reference to company policy that he would not email me and could not show me on the companies website.

I could understand if they had service in the state the military is moving me too, but dang. Everyone will have to make a long distance call if they want to call me on my cell. (My son's school, work, any local businesses, etc.) I thought this was covered under the soldiers and sailors relief act, but I guess not.

The ironic part is a few (3-6) months after I move a different company will be taking over for my current company, the new company is the one I want to switch too. So I may have to just suck it up for a few months.

I will go to the local store tomorrow and see if I can get a better resolution in person.

Edited by North

First,you learned a lesson about not signing long term cell contracts to get the newest wizbang free phone, second I wouldnt worry about the area code, Lots and lots of people around military bases have cells with out of area area codes. With so many people going to cell phone only and cell phones generally dont care what number they are calling.