Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Operator/Contractor type

sfpmb

I have ran into this more times than I can count and I want to go into dismantle mode each time. This is not an exclusive list as anyone could at least have one of these attributed to them. but the demonstration of serveral is a clear sign.

If you were in the military, I am not talking about you. If you are a cop, I am not talking about you.

If I am talking about you, I am sorry I don't have the pureness not to feel this when I see you.

I made a list to identify the Contracter/Operater.

Using these easy cues, you to can spot them a mile away.

10) They are a civilian but tell you “I regularly train with SEALS or SWAT” etc.

9) When you ask what type of shooting they do, they say “I shoot the tactical”. (Just what is that)

8) Anytime they use the word “Molle”, “Dump Pouch”, or “Load Bearing Vest” in the conversation.

7) You see them outfitted with 5.11 clothing but you are at the grocery store.

6) They are wearing a watch that says “Navy Seal”.

5) They own and know how to tie the “Keffiyeh”, or “Shemagh” headscarf.

4) If they wear gloves and have the index finger cut off.

3) Somewhere on their super cool tactical gear they have a patch sewn on with their blood type.

2) They do military simulations with airsoft and are actually part of a team, with rank and everything.

1) Dreams, with every ounce of there being, of being in conflict but did not really do it but they live like they are and did.

I am not against the freedom to get any kind off training you want but I cringe at the personalities sometimes.

Watch out for them or just listen to be entertained.

LOL, those are funny, but for the most part, they don't bother me too much.

What does bother me, is when they try to push their opinions/beliefs on me, and tell me "what I train, will get me killed". Funnier when I know they have never spent a day in a real life combat atmosphere in their life. But they have "insider friends" that they "train with" that told them. The ones that annoy me the most, are the ones that are progressively "anti competition", and are very vocal about it with "facts" about are sport that can only lead me to believe they don't have a clue what they are talking about. Usually referring to my gun as a "space gun" or "race gun". What exactly is a "race gun"???? lol

This thread was closed because the content/topic was judged not to be in line with the rules of the Hate Forum. (mostly likely politics or shooting related..which are out of bounds)

Please review what you are..ahhh...allowed to hate. :)

Hate Forum Rules:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097

[note: this is a generic reply]