Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

20g Benelli Cordoba for Open Class, Workable?

STI

I need a new shotgun and like my rifle it has to do double duty as a field gun for hunting as well as for 3 gun.

Have been looking at a 20g Benelli Cordoba with comfortech stock and ported barrel, Like the gun BUT can you fit extended mag and speedloader bracket to it. if so who makes them.

Reason for 20g is that here in NZ we must use steel shot for hunting waterfowl unless we are huntng with a guage of 20 or less and I prefer to use lead shot rather than steel. If we are shooting upland game in a stream bed using a 12g with lead and a duck pops up we are not allowed to shoot it unless we first exchange the lead ammo for steel, where as with a 20g or less I can just shoot it. Go figure

Cheers for the replies

I need a new shotgun and like my rifle it has to do double duty as a field gun for hunting as well as for 3 gun.

Have been looking at a 20g Benelli Cordoba with comfortech stock and ported barrel, Like the gun BUT can you fit extended mag and speedloader bracket to it. if so who makes them.

Reason for 20g is that here in NZ we must use steel shot for hunting waterfowl unless we are huntng with a guage of 20 or less and I prefer to use lead shot rather than steel. If we are shooting upland game in a stream bed using a 12g with lead and a duck pops up we are not allowed to shoot it unless we first exchange the lead ammo for steel, where as with a 20g or less I can just shoot it. Go figure

Cheers for the replies

Maybe contact the people at Nordic to see if they make the parts you'll need to turn it in to an open gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the replies

Maybe contact the people at Nordic to see if they make the parts you'll need to turn it in to an open gun.

Guess I'll be buying an M2 in 12ga and a cheap u/o in 20g for the pheasants based on what i can find on the interweb thingy there are no speed loaders / arredondo speed assist bracket etc are available. Nor can the Cordoba take a mag extension:angry: