Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd time shooting production

Supermoto

So a couple of times a year, I try something other than open. this time it was production.

I need to do some dry firing to get used to the holster position and work on those reloads.

I also noticed that I keep the front sight high in the notch, just not used to having to line stuff up and I can't get my eyes to come back to the front sight so I use target focus

I might have to spend more time shooting Production, it was actually kinda fun

Edited by Supermoto

You are just finding this out now??? Just when you are leaving? WTF? What did you like about shooting production as opposed to Open?

You might need a different gun, your grip angle might be wrong. Ever try a Glock? :roflol:

Your indexing is probably real good so target focus is ok for close targets. It might not work for targets out beyond 12-15yds... since you really need to get as many As as you can in production... but this isn't anything you don't already now.

One thing I have noticed. I have a harder time getting a good sight picture with both eyes open... I tend to also look at the target b mistake. With one eye, the sights are easy for me to pick up. I know, I should use both eyes all the time but what can I say.

EDIT: Bring your production gun today.

Edited by lugnut