Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 rd mags in hicap pistol

rjoy

Hi all:

New to the xD. I have an xD .45 that I bought from my son when he moved from AZ to CA. He needed cash, I needed another pistol. Now he wants it back on a time payment plan. Ain't I lucky!! Anyway, my question is that this xD has 13 round mags which are a no-no in CA. Are the 10 +1 guns the same except for mag capacity? In other words can he just substitute 10 round mags into this pistol without a problem or is there a design difference in the high cap model that would preclude the use of 10 rounders? Or putting it in still other words, will 10 round mags work in this pistol? Seems like it should just be a simple mag swap. I just wanted to make sure before I bring it to him.

Thanks for your input for anyone that knows

Bob

I could be way off base but I think the 10 rd mags will only work with the XD45 compact. The shorter grip allows the use of 10rd mags and the 13 rd mags need the sleeve. If I am giving bad advice I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly.

• 1 month later...

Though I am way out of date for this response... just to make it plain to future readers, The ten round mag is the same as the high cap except it has a permanent "crimp" or dents in it near the bottom to limit it to 10 rounds for those States (do you really want to live there!) that require 10 round magazines.

:roflol:

Hi all:

New to the xD. I have an xD .45 that I bought from my son when he moved from AZ to CA. He needed cash, I needed another pistol. Now he wants it back on a time payment plan. Ain't I lucky!! Anyway, my question is that this xD has 13 round mags which are a no-no in CA. Are the 10 +1 guns the same except for mag capacity? In other words can he just substitute 10 round mags into this pistol without a problem or is there a design difference in the high cap model that would preclude the use of 10 rounders? Or putting it in still other words, will 10 round mags work in this pistol? Seems like it should just be a simple mag swap. I just wanted to make sure before I bring it to him.

Thanks for your input for anyone that knows

Bob

You are lucky,my son would sell it to me,and then call and tell me to send his gun back to him,.. :roflol: