Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there a "sweet" spot where to place a Red-Dot?

DocMedic

Where would you consider placing your red dot on a .22 pistol be? I run a Beretta 87 Target with a Micro just past the ejection port. (pic is at the Beretta forums if you'd like to see it.) And I'm starting to question if I moved it up more, would it reduce "felt" recoil a bit, or If I move it back the dot would recover faster? any advice? Gonna be using it at the state Steel challenge here in 2.5 weeks.

Edited by DocMedic

I have a Marvel on an STI unit. I ended cutting the rail in half at the front of the ejection port and moving the Cmore all the way to the front. It eliminated all my ejection problems. There was nothing over the ejection port at all. I liked the feel of the gun and it balanced well. The main reason for this is I put on a mag well that weighs 6-8 if I remember right. Depending on what gun your using and your setup will let you determine the scope palacement. My recommendation is to experiment with it. Since the match is only 2.5wks away I'm not sure that it is a good idea.

If I were to experiment I would set up a few stages. Shoot your gun the way it is and record your times. Move the scope forward and shoot them again. Do this for 2-3 days.

Flyin