Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not drinking enough....

joecichlid

• 2 weeks later...

Shot a match Friday night after spending a little over an hour and a half setting up a stage. Temps in the high 80s with humidity to match. Yeah it totally screwed me up, couldn't focus on anything and my scores show that. On leaving my house I forgot my water bottle so I had nothing with me to drink as I was setting up. The last several weeks I have gone through a gallon or more of water just while setting up and not having that to drink ruined the match for me.

Everyone else had a great time and enjoyed the stage, I would have too if I had been well hydrated. lol Chalk this one up to Joe does a stupid thing.

Joe W.

I live in down in Houston , Tx. were it gets 95-100 in summer and 90 % H........... lots of WATER.

I live in down in Houston , Tx. were it gets 95-100 in summer and 90 % H........... lots of WATER.

That sounds a lot like the weather around here. Nasty stuff but you are right, drink LOTS AND LOTS of water! But don't forget a need for salt that you just sweated out too.

Joe W

I have always been taught to drink one water for every one sports drink. I learned that as a little kid playing sports all the way through my career in sports. You get the best of both worlds. Water will rehydrate you better, but the sports drinks give you the energy and vitamins that you need to keep on chugging along.

I have always been taught to drink one water for every one sports drink. I learned that as a little kid playing sports all the way through my career in sports. You get the best of both worlds. Water will rehydrate you better, but the sports drinks give you the energy and vitamins that you need to keep on chugging along.

One thing to be careful about is what sports drink you go with. Some of them offer little to no good at all while others have all the good stuff you need in them. :cheers:

I also think I need to start marketing these here, umbrella hats but with a fan built in. The luxury model might come with a little mister, too.

Anyone interested? :lol:

ROFL One with a mister might be trouble with my shooting glasses. :roflol:

Joe W.

• 2 weeks later...