Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Win sx2 load gate issue

Hi all!

I have a Win SX2 that I love to shoot for RM3G. My main problem is loading it. It seems that when I load the shells they don't feed directly into the tube. They get caught on the top of the tube at the load gate and I have to let up on it a little to feed into the tube.

I've read about welding to lift the gate up to align the feed right. Who, what, where, when, and how much is the question.

Thanks for your help!

Hi all!

I have a Win SX2 that I love to shoot for RM3G. My main problem is loading it. It seems that when I load the shells they don't feed directly into the tube. They get caught on the top of the tube at the load gate and I have to let up on it a little to feed into the tube.

I've read about welding to lift the gate up to align the feed right. Who, what, where, when, and how much is the question.

Thanks for your help!

C-Rums is your man. He is a member here. PM him or visit his website at c-rums.com

There are multiple informative threads on the SX2,SX3, and SLP. It might be worth your time to scan back through some of them.

• 1 month later...

c-rums.com would be the safe option......I had the same problem on my SLP...if you have not already shipped it off, a few other members suggested I sand the top of the entry into the mag tube and it worked...100% functionality as well as loading ability...i held my breath the whole time I was doing it though :roflol:

I have an SX3 and the load gate was rough and did not feed easily. I took my Dremel with a fine sanding disc and rounded or smoothed off all of the corners on the feed gate and it works much better. I also replaced the follower with a SS Briley one and polished that up. I did not mess with the top of the entry, but that may be my next project.