Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 Tactical (Decocker Model) Competition Hammer Install?

GorillaTactical

Hey guys,

I've been shooting a stock SP01 Tactical (9mm) for a bit now and want to give it a face lift. I've done some reading that a new Hammer Spring from 13-15# will improve the DA quite a bit and a recoil spring around 14# will aid in reducing the snap of the weapon returning to battery.

But the real reason for my post is to clarrify a question regarding the Competition Hammer. I know there are some other threads on this issue, but havn't found any specific to decocker models. So, I am wondering if the decocker model will accept the competition hammer...and I mean without massive modifications...on this page http://czcustom.com/CZ_SA_DA-Competition-Hammer.aspx it mentions that the "SAFETY" might need to be refitted...but doesn't mention a decocker...

Thanks for the help guys.

It needs massive modifications. Otherwise, it is almost drop-in for any SA/DA or SAO model.

Ahhh! crap, well thanks for the speedy reply, i figured that was the case. Thanks burnnin' appreciate your help. Can you varify my proposed #'s on the springs listed?

Everyone may need different springs suited for your purpose/load. I compete with federal only primers that are very sensitive and as such I use a 13-lb spring that is cut down even further, along with an 11# recoil spring. In my carry gun, I used a 15# spring that lights anything off with a stock hammer and an 11# recoil spring. Your mileage may vary. When it comes to recoil springs, There should be some threads around here to help you pick the right one. Involves bill drills and trying a few different springs.