Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about running M&P or XDM in Limited

Hmmm, the world shoot production class winners have all recently been winning with a steel framed, HEAVY handgun. The CZ 75 Shadow. The world shoot limited winners have all won with a heavy 2011 to my knowledge. Obviously weight can't get too extreme due to bulkiness and muscle limitations.

If weight doesn't matter, go shoot a well tuned pocket pistol with an extended barrel. The low bore axis should be right up your alley. A polymer framed full size is just a middle ground between the pocket gun and a 2011. Quit trying to justify a polymer gun because one or two guys can wina couple of areas with it.

World championships = IPSC rules. No mag capacity restriction until this year. Everybody who was competitive used a CZ (or similar) for that extra mag capacity. Not only that, but G34s and G35s were prohibited. Funny the same hasn't been true of USPSA championship results for Production or L-10.

Plenty of National Championships have been won with polymer guns, not just Area matches.

Since you've got some strong opinions on this, are a Master, Grand Master????

Honestly, I wouldn't have normally replied, but I'd hate to see some newbie read this and think that they're at a disadvantage with a polymer gun....it is, only if you let it be. R,

Glad we finally found something to agree about, G-Man.

Just an FYI that the top shooters at this years USSA National Pro-Am in Tulsa, OK were shooting the polymer guns. Dave, Bob and Mike (1st,2nd and 5th respectively) 3 out of the top 5 were running glocks and an m&p.

If and when I can get an M&P Pro 5" .40s&w I'll set it up for limited competitions. Now if I can just find one....

Edited by Prov1x