Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CED7000 belt clip lets timer flop around

jaredr

just replaced my PACT MkIV with a CED 7000. i'm used to clipping the timer to my front left pants pocket to keep it off the belt. worked ok with the PACT, except it was a little uncomfortable lugging around something the size of a small microwave clipped to the front of your pants... with the CED, not so much problems with size/bulk of timer, but i'm having some chellenges with the belt clip they sell which (at least in my case) is allowing the timer to flop all over the place when you're moving quickly.

to be fair, CED's advert is correct when it says the clip "incorporates a hinge system that allows the timer to be rotated upwards comfortable viewing". issue i'm experiencing s that as the hinge is not spring loaded so there's nothing to actually hold the timer against the clip (except maybe gravity if you have it clipped vertically to the belt on your waist). I'm findingh that when I keep it clipped to my front pocket (since I have no room on the belt), the timer flops back and forth on it's rotating hinge as you're running on the range and as it does so the clip is slowing working it's way off of your pocket. I had a couple of instance when running a box drill where I made a sharp turn around a cone and it was the last straw for my timer, which came unclipped and sailed on without me :surprise:

i'm thinking a rubber band to hold the timer against it's belt clip and "spring load" it a bit might help, but wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so, what did you all do to fix it? thanks in advance for any assistance!

-jared

velcro if you're not using the silicon cover.

Velcro even if you ARE using the skin (but not the industrial strength stuff that some folks use to secure their holster/mag holders - I found it so strong I'd try to tilt the timer and it would pull out of the clip, skin not withstanding).