Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W M&P 15-22

AlamoShooter

I just won a S&W M&P 15-22 at Team Challenge , I have not shot it yet , and it came with the Magpull pop up sights.

An extra 25 round mag is on the way.

Any one have first hand use info on theas? any tricks I should know about? The trigger and hamer look like I could swap out parts. The Trigger is very creepy and it even make enoph noise my wife can hear it when I dry fired it.

Kinda a funny.

I will try it out this weekend

You can install any aftermarket AR trigger into the gun, or modify the existing one any way you'd like to take care of that creep. It uses standard AR trigger stuff. I wouldn't shoot it left handed or with anyone on the ejection port side of the gun. I sold 5 of them, 3 had detonations that blew out the extractor and brass. Out of battery detonations. Smith said it was an issue with weak ammo and bolt bounce and installed lighter springs, but only in the guns after they blow up, not a recall. That's all great, but one was using Mini Mag (not known for weak ammo) and two were on the first round fired in the group, which eliminates bolt bounce and Smith's reasons for the out of battery detonation. I know it's a small sample size to condemn a gun on, but I'm not selling them anymore.

Shot it this weekend , a friends gun runs perfect my gun will not run on Federal Value Pack amoe = the spent brass hangs on the bolt - not ejecting/

the gun shoots fine with other amoe I can mount my scope with the LaRue mount and work on my week points with the rifle.

the gun is a bunck lighter than my AR though. and the handguard is shorter.

Some of the 1022' are bad about 'Blow-outs" too, it seams like once one starts blowing extractors = they just keep doing it.

I will take your advice on the left hand -blowout- though and pass the info to my friend.

I have one and have never had any extractor issues. I'd really like to mount a scope on mine and see what kind of ultimate accuracy I could get. Just shooting open sights it seems to shoot pretty accurate.

The only quirk I've seen is from attaching a suppressor.

(FYI... It says in manual do no use subsonic ammo) What happens when you use subsonic ammo, the bolt doesnt go far enough back to allow the hammer to engage in the sear, thereby allowing the hammer to ride the bolt back down. This resulted in intermittent doubling and tripling...