Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN shotgun questions

Ok what I am confused about with a gas gun that has two pistons (FN SLP) is what happens when you are running a stage that requires you using a some light loads (birdshot) and then needing a slug or two. Will it hurt the gun to run some heavy loads through the light cylinder?

Ok what I am confused about with a gas gun that has two pistons (FN SLP) is what happens when you are running a stage that requires you using a some light loads (birdshot) and then needing a slug or two. Will it hurt the gun to run some heavy loads through the light cylinder?

I run mine with the heavy piston and it cycles everything including light skeet loads. I did have to polish the little tail end of the bolt where it fits into the recoil spring.

• 2 years later...

I hate to knock on wood, but I've been running the light piston in mine since I got it with no spring issues. Shotgun has been extremely reliable. I've only ever run light loads through it, but my piston seems to be holding up well. 7/8oz Fiocchis are the shizzle in my SLP.

Its a matter of weight. The light piston will handle loads up to 1.5 ounces. The heavier piston for everything else. A reduced recoil slug is usually one ounce. I've ran the light piston only without issue. All of this is in the owners manual.