Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope Trouble

teemch5

Hi All.

Maybe someone can help me with the problem I'm Having with a new scope.

I don't have alot of experience with scopes, but I recently bought a Tasco red dot sight for my AR-15. Wanted to use it for three gun and when I went to sight it in yesterday a problem arose.

At first it was shooting way to the right, and I corrected to the left all the way, the dial stopped and the sight is still about 12 inches to the right at 100 yards.

Seems I can't adjust anymore and wanted to know if anybody has a solution to this problem.

The sight is mounted on a picatinny rail. Should I try to shim it a bit or is there a mount out there that is offset.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....Teemch

Did the POI change when you moved the windage adjustment? Look throught the sight, holding it stationary, and verify the dot is moving with every click, right/left, up/down.

You mention a picatinny rail, is it on the receiver or forearm?

Did the POI change when you moved the windage adjustment? Look throught the sight, holding it stationary, and verify the dot is moving with every click, right/left, up/down.

You mention a picatinny rail, is it on the receiver or forearm?

The Rail is on the receiver, as for the POI, I can tell you that when I first put the scope on the POI was about 10 to 15 feet to the right at 190 yards. after I adjusted the right/left all the way, the POI was about a foot at 190 yards.

Didn't check to see if the dot was moving, but the POI did move a fair amount, I just ran out of the ability to adjust any further to the left. Thanks

Well, really...Tasco Red Dots aren't really made for AR-15's. They are a low end scope. These scopes are really only good out to about 50yds. I would take it back and buy something else.

Edited by Jadeslade

I don't have this problem, BUT, I turned my scope 90 degrees so that my power knob would be where I wanted it. You could try that and see if it would make your scope adjust to POI, just have to remember that your EL is now your AZ and your AZ is your EL?!?!? I also agree with Jadeslade, not really a good scope for an AR, mine is on a S&W AR 15-22 and sighted in for 50 yards. Any thing farther than that and the dot gets to big for accuracy.

It might cost more but look in the Blue Press (Dillon Precision) for the Millett DMS. This is a good Tactical scope that has the dot and circle reticle. Around $250.

Doug