Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need help finding my friend a gun for production!

G34 CORDY

hello everyone, i told my friend that is just starting in uspsa production that i would help him decide on a gun. he dont want a glock, xdm, m&p or 1911. what do you guys think about the cz, sig, walther or any gun that you could think of that would be good for production. iam shooting a glock 34 and have a xdm 9 that iam using in production but he dont like thoses. so i need some help with some ideas. thanks

1911 isnt production legal anyways. I think CZ would be the next best choice if not a Glock or M&P. Maybe a Sig P226. Get the production approved list and have him start trying them out.

the cz sp01 is an amazing firearm for production especially the one from angus from the cz custom shop. a lot of people like to complain that it is a SA/DA style gun so you have uncock the hammer to begin the stage. the only problem with that is a possible accidental discharge from letting go of the hammer. if you can get past that it is a fantastic gun the trigger pull for the first shoot isnt bad and beyond the first shot the trigger is amazing. as far as im concerned cz is the way to go for production.