Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMore dot size for M41

galt11

After a quick search I didn't find the answer I was looking for. I need to purchase a slide ride for my Model 41 and don't know which size dot to purchase with it. I know the 8 moa is what normally comes with it, but considering this is a 22lr I am thinking a 6 moa might be better, smaller holes with a smaller dot. What is everyone else using and what is your reasoning behind your choice? Thanks for the help.

Adam

Most plates are big enough to allow the use of 8MOA. The 6 MOA is good for hard head shots in IPSC. Even the 35 Y plates on some stages at the steel challenge are big enough where you want a bright dot and the 8MOA is best.

I hope this helps.

DVC,

Sandro

Hello: I am using a 12 MOA dot on all my guns now. Turn the dot up to solar flare for hoser stages and turn it down so you can see through it at 50 yard shots. I have even converted some shooters here now to my ways :roflol: You know who you are :devil: Thanks, Eric

Hello: I am using a 12 MOA dot on all my guns now. Turn the dot up to solar flare for hoser stages and turn it down so you can see through it at 50 yard shots. I have even converted some shooters here now to my ways :roflol: You know who you are :devil: Thanks, Eric

Hey, I converted a couple of people there before you even arrived...LOL.

Actually, I put a 16moa in my M41 and really like it....even on long shots. It's bigger than I'd want for bullseye, but that's it. R,

After a quick search I didn't find the answer I was looking for. I need to purchase a slide ride for my Model 41 and don't know which size dot to purchase with it. I know the 8 moa is what normally comes with it, but considering this is a 22lr I am thinking a 6 moa might be better, smaller holes with a smaller dot. What is everyone else using and what is your reasoning behind your choice? Thanks for the help.

Adam

I have gone through the same process.. I would suggest trying all if possable I have 4 Cmore's (the 12 moa looked like a pie plate and for me covered far to much, (I'm glad I borrowed that one) just went to all 6 moa just work the best for me and for a 22LR would consider that the best choice.

I haven't had any problems seeing the targets or plates with an 8 MOA

Sorry, I should have explained better..I have no problem seeing the targets or plates, but there are times when I need better shot placement example

last week while shooting a large popper that was hiding a small popper I was able to make a precise shot on the small one I tried it with both 8 & 6 that's when I replaced

the last 8 i owned with a 6 just works better for me...

I am trying a 12 min dot on my 41. May go there with my open guns also. The 6 and 8 are to big for bullseye. Since you are standing still and not moving the gun back and forth between targets I would prefer a 2 min or less for bullseye.