Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para P14 frame

Kristofer_G

I have a customer who is in need of a new frame. He is very invested into Para 45 and 40 magazines, other wise I would be trying to get him into a STI or Caspian wide body frame.

Para USA does not return phone calls. Practical Shooting Supplies, said to check with DP. Dawson Precision says they have basically stopped dealing with Para, because Para does not deliver.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Springfield double stack 1911 45 also accepts Para mags, don't know if they offer frame seperate.

Gunbroker also has some good deals on lightly used Paras with several mags, keep frame and sell extras works out to good deal at times.

I have a couple Armscor hi-cap frames that I picked up a while back. They are para copies. I'm willing to part with one or both, shoot me a PM.

does armscor still make the frames only? i have looked in the past but it semed more effort was going into the ria, and even they only had a limited run of frames only.

thanks

-steve

I don't think frames only are available. I did some finagling and got a couple frames off some warranty returns or something. They are a bit of a mixed bag: one was a .45 I think, one was a .38 Super - one is cut for a nowlin ramp, the other for a para/clark ramp. Got a good deal on them for undefined future projects. I've still got them for said undefined future projects, but am willing to part with them.