Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multigun match at Rayner's in Ohio 5-30-10

Rayner's Range will be holding their annual cancer benefit match on 5-30-10 this year. The match is run on USPSA rules and scoring. Start time is 10:00, but typically when a squad is ready to go you just take off and start shooting. Match fee is $20, food and drinks available at concession/registration area. I'd expect 6 stages or so of run-n-gun fun. This will be a great warm-up for the PCSI Multigun match the following weekend.

Rayner's Range will be holding their annual cancer benefit match on 5-30-10 this year. The match is run on USPSA rules and scoring. Start time is 10:00, but typically when a squad is ready to go you just take off and start shooting. Match fee is $20, food and drinks available at concession/registration area. I'd expect 6 stages or so of run-n-gun fun. This will be a great warm-up for the PCSI Multigun match the following weekend.

Mike whats the longest shot? I am planning on shooting this, what time do you plan on shooting, sign me up on your squad.

Tom just grins when I asked him what he had planned, but he's been talking about shooting limited, so I wouldn't expect anything over 500 yards :goof: . I'm only planning on maybe up to 300 yards, but I'll pull on his ear a bit this weekend at the pistol match. I haven't ever seen a round count figure for a Rayner's match, so no info there. I doubt there will be any slugs or special ammo necessary. I like to get an early start, so I'm hoping to be shooting by 9:00 or so.

Here's what Tom had to say.

I'm thinking 6-7 stages 50-75 rounds shotgun 75-100 rifle and 75-100 pistol all shot shells for the shotgun and no steel core or armor peircing ammo for the rifle. longest shots on the rifle could be 200-250 yards. Just reminder nothing is set in stone.

• 2 weeks later...

I would plan on 100 rounds per gun, but of course bring a little extra. No special shotgun ammo needed. I'm only bringing 1 1/8 oz loads of 7 1/2 shot and maybe a box of #6 just in case. I talked to Tom on Sunday and there's really nothing new to add.