Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No, not to make "glamour" shots. I have done the club match calendar for over a decade. It is laid out as a grid of Sundays, with each column a month and each box in the column the sunday date and descriptor.

I laid it out in PageStream (an Amiga program) in 1990.

Every calendar program I've seen so far for PC wants to spit out a monthly page with all the dates (yea, like we're going to hold a match Thursday afternoons). Does anyone know of a program that does just sundays?

Or should I just draw a damned grid in some drawing program, and drop the text boxes in?

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick,

You could use Excel, and put a date function in one box, and just add 7 days for each consecutive box below, to make a "column of Sundays". You might have to do 2 columns in order to describe the match in a second column.

Not sure if Outlook would support such a thing or not. Maybe I'll play around with it if I get a chance.

DogmaDog

Patrick,

If you know someone with a copy of Adobe InDesign, that may be a good solution. You have to do all the artwork and place the text boxes, but as I understand it, text replacement can be automated. Don't think about buying a copy, it's around $800 or something ridiculous like that.

Patrck... I'm with DD, l'd go the Excel route, with borders and stuff.. it'll look exactly like you want it...

My first thought was Outlook, but Excel is probably better suited..

We have people that do amazing stuff with Excel... You'd swear it was a drawing program, but can calculate dates and use a DB to fill in matches if you want to get fancy.

For the calculations, yoo can always hide the column so they don' show to print, but easily changed.

If it sounds like that would work, and you want help, let me know