Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Limited Pro

Big Nick

I was finally able to take my new EAA Limited Pro in 40 S&W to the range today. I shoot steel plates in the Cincinnati area and wanted to be more competitive so I bought the Limited Pro to replace my Witness Steel. I made one change to the gun before taking it to the range and that was replace the factory recoil spring with a Wolff 8 lb. spring. I shoot light loads for steel so I needed the lighter spring for proper case ejection. The first thing I noticed at the range, when I brought the sights up to the target, was how much better the sight picture was with the Limited Pro. The next thing I noticed after firing 12 rounds down range was how much tighter the groups were compared to the Witness Steel. The better sights along with a .25" longer sight radius, I'm sure, added to this better accuracy. Due to its extra weight and longer barrel and slide, the Limited Pro had less recoil than the Witness. The Pro had no malfunctions after 4 mag changes and 48 rounds. For the last test, I loaded up 12 rounds and fired the gun as fast as I could pull the trigger. To my surprise, with a new gun and light loads,there was no malfunctions. The only thing I want to change on the Limited Pro is the trigger and hammer springs. The trigger, though not bad, was just a little on the heavy side. When I say heavy I mean 4-5 lbs. I would like to get it down to around 3 lb. like my Witness. All in all I am very pleased with the EAA Limited Pro and think I now have a gun that will make me more competitive over the long run.

Edited by Big Nick

I have the same gun in 9mm and shoot IDPA and some USPSA with it along with steel plates. I have several thousand round thru it and other than getting the extra factory mags tuned and working right, have had no issues or problems. Operates perfect. Very accurate. I shoot standard 124gr factory loads. I do use Slide Glide on it and my EAA Gold open gun. Congrats on a great gun, too bad everyone will ask you if it is a CZ.

Gerritm,

Did you make any changes to the your Witness Pro besides the magazine modifications? Have you thought about using a Henning conefit guide rod or heard any comments about it.

Edited by Big Nick

Gerritm,

Did you make any changes to the your Witness Pro besides the magazine modifications? Have you thought about using a Henning conefit guide rod or heard any comments about it.

No mods except on the mags. I went with followers and springs from Henning and did some modifications to some of the mags with the spacer strips. I removed the strip and used different followers and springs. Now they all function perfect. I have been shooting it completely stock. I am a firm believer in if it ain't broke don't mess with it. What is the advantage to the conefit guide rod? I like the trigger feel and pull. The only other strange thing that happened is I changed gun oil before I started using slide glide and it caused a bunch of jams and problems. I went back to my normal oil and then started using slide glide and it stopped. Here is a link to the problem oil.

http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/sport/index.html

What is the advantage to the conefit guide rod?

The blunt end of the factory guide-rod is on the small side which increases the pressure on that part and it can cause an indentation in the frame of the gun that makes it difficult to remove the slide. The modified guide rod increases the surface area, thereby decreasing the pressure and prevents long term damage to the frame.

What is the advantage to the conefit guide rod?

The blunt end of the factory guide-rod is on the small side which increases the pressure on that part and it can cause an indentation in the frame of the gun that makes it difficult to remove the slide. The modified guide rod increases the surface area, thereby decreasing the pressure and prevents long term damage to the frame.

The guide rod on my Limited Pro has a small cone on the end that touches the barrel link. It is not blunt.

post-23808-127376520074_thumb.jpg

I guess I'll have to order one from Mr. Henning along with a 14 Lbs. hammer spring. When my bank account gets a little bigger I'm planning on getting a Henning flat trigger and go SA.