Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New SVI comps

Loki999

Hi all,

Last saturday, me and my shootingbuddy ordered an SVI IMM Open (with a steel frame)

The comp is a new design it now has only 2 ports, one big one and the ports are under an angle.

Does anyone already uses this comp and what are the benefits/expierences?

Our gundealer also told us that most open guns are sold without hybridholes, so we ordered our without the hybridholes to try it out like this.

Could this be why the compensaterdesign has changed?

One negative thing, the new c-more mount doesnt look as nice as the carbonfiber one.

Are the compensaters that new?

Maybe someone can share some insight on the design of compensators and how that design works.

Long vs short: (i think i know this one, it's because how you like to balance your gun, weight in front)

Small ports vs big ports:

What kind are more suitable for barrels with holes..

They are not that new...my son and I have had them on our guns for more than a year. We have 3 hybrib holes and for a short gun they work very well. You can see clear pics of the comp on my son's website under the Photo's page. www.nicholasneel.com

Lee

We both had the older 3 port comp with 2 hybrid holes and went with the newer comp and 3 hybrid holes at Brandon's recommendation. We have a buddy who had a IMM with the older 3 port comp and no hybrid holes. At Brandon's suggestion he added 3 holes and it did tame the gun down considerably. It really depends though on you grip and load. You can always add holes but you can't plug them so starting with no holes is not a bad idea.

Hi Lee,

"We both had the older 3 port comp with 2 hybrid holes and went with the newer comp and 3 hybrid holes, At Brandon's suggestion he added 3 holes and it did tame the gun down considerable"

Do you think that's because of the bigger port?

Normally we load with VV 3n38, do you use a powder like that or faster or slower?

We have to wait 10 months and we want to do as much research as possible.

Patrick

Hi Lee,

"We both had the older 3 port comp with 2 hybrid holes and went with the newer comp and 3 hybrid holes, At Brandon's suggestion he added 3 holes and it did tame the gun down considerable"

Do you think that's because of the bigger port?

Normally we load with VV 3n38, do you use a powder like that or faster or slower?

We have to wait 10 months and we want to do as much research as possible.

Patrick

3 of is are actually using Winchester AutoComp....I was using 3n38 byt it was hard to get and costs more. I have had great luck with AutoComp and will be sticking with it. At Area 6 shots from my sons gun were 1408, 1409, and 1407. Can't really get more consistent than that. It is also very clean for me at ~172pf.

3 of is are actually using Winchester AutoComp....I was using 3n38 byt it was hard to get and costs more. I have had great luck with AutoComp and will be sticking with it. At Area 6 shots from my sons gun were 1408, 1409, and 1407. Can't really get more consistent than that. It is also very clean for me at ~172pf.

What charge/ bullet head?