Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification Calculation

ncboiler

Simple newbie question here...

I shot a classifier this past weekend with 6 stages and have calculated my percentages using the classifier calculator.

My question is, do I simply average the best 4 out of 6 to get my classification percentage?

Thanks.

Here ya go, hope it helps. As per USPSA - "To become classified, a member must have at least four valid scores from different classifier courses in a specific Division in the USPSA™ database. If more than four scores are in the database when the averages are calculated, the best four of the most recent six valid scores will be used. Any scores in excess of the most recent six valid scores are not used for the initial classification. Those scores over the most recent six may be used at the next monthly reclassification if they are within the most recent eight scores. Most of the scores will come from classifier courses set up by USPSA-affiliated clubs. The clubs are responsible for setting up these stages according to exact specifications and for administering them uniformly. They are part of the club's monthly match, are included in the calculation of the match results, and are submitted for national classification of the member"

Guys, I think that might be theoretically correct, but practice is slightly different. Look me up, TY63364. I have 5 classifiers in Single Stack. All are being counted. I believe they'll count all six, and start allowing the lowest to fall out after 7 is acquired. I could be wrong - I'm just looking at what I have in my numbers.

Thanks for the replies.

Assuming I don't have anymore classifiers between now and early May when the calculation is run I should be a 'C' shooter ... 39.7%, 54.2%, 38.7%, and 57.3% for an average of 47.5%. I really thought I'd end up with a 'D' first starting out but that is OK :)

Guys, I think that might be theoretically correct, but practice is slightly different. Look me up, TY63364. I have 5 classifiers in Single Stack. All are being counted. I believe they'll count all six, and start allowing the lowest to fall out after 7 is acquired. I could be wrong - I'm just looking at what I have in my numbers.

4 classifiers count for the INITIAL classification. The next month, its your best 6 of the most recent 8.

4 classifiers count for the INITIAL classification. The next month, its your best 6 of the most recent 8.

Actually, that can happen in one month! When my provisional SS classifiers were run in the first batch, the highest 4 put me in B but the 6/8 gave me a sub-B current average.

Later,

Chuck

Ken I believe when you shoot the sixth one they'll calculate the best four of six

Nope, I have six in limited, 1 from 1/07, 4 from 2/07 and 1 from 11/09 and they range from 17% to 83% and they ALL counted. So who knows. Kinda like when you win your class at a major above your average you get bumped up, at least in theory.

• 3 weeks later...

Ken I believe when you shoot the sixth one they'll calculate the best four of six

Nope, I have six in limited, 1 from 1/07, 4 from 2/07 and 1 from 11/09 and they range from 17% to 83% and they ALL counted. So who knows. Kinda like when you win your class at a major above your average you get bumped up, at least in theory.

I finished 2nd in my classification with a match score in the next classification bracket up - got bumped and have the letter that states such, so it happens. :goof:

As I understand it if you shoot 6 classifiers in the same they are ordered highest to lowest such that the 4 highest are the 4 most "recent".

Rob