Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Online squadding file format

Vlad

Does anyone have a sample of the online squadding file format for the import file? I'm trying to figure out if there is a quick way to load competitors into a EZwinscore match by generating a input file of some sort, and there already is this input method, but I can't find the file format anywhere.

Edited by Vlad

While there are ways to import data into EZWinscore, none of them are supported, or a good idea in my opinion and the squadding file will not work. It will only update existing entries.

Lee

Really? when trying to a import a best guess at the format (which failed) EWS said that it would override the match attendees with the the ones from the file.

What ezws means is that he will override any squadding assignments you've made in ezws with those made in self service squadding, which you are now downloading. The flow of the system is intended as follows:

1. Register competitors in ezwinscore, not doing any squadding in the program, because it's going to get overwritten;

2. Upload competitors to self-service squadding;

3. Make your initial squadding assignments there, based on competitors' stated squadding requests;

4. Watch people re-squad themselves, subject to limits you've placed when you configured the squadding area;

5. Download competitors' squadding choices into your system;

6. Repeat as necessary.

Also, if you change someone's division or email address, you do that in ezws and upload that to self-service squadding to have it reflect there. If you mark someone as deleted in your match in ezws, you'll (I believe) have to delete them manually out of the online system.