Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pulled the trigger

Well, I'll be in business soon.

There are still a couple of items I want to get, and I'm not actually finished setting up the bench yet, but I'm definitely on my way.

This is one of the few times in my life that I will be STARTING with the Right Stuff.

The funny thing is, the hardest part was taking the leap of faith that the parts list was correct, since I am not going to know enough to know if it IS until some time in the future. Well actually, now that I think about it, I'll know in the pretty near future. :blink:

Well, Brian says it's good, and I'm guessing he would know... ;)

• 1 XL 650 in 45 ACP
  • 1 XL 650 "BE" Upgrade:
  • 4 XL 650 Deluxe Quick-Change Kit
  • 1 XL 650 Instructional DVD
  • 1 XL 650 Casefeed Assembly: Large Pistol
  • 1 XL 650 Casefeed Plate: Large Rifle
  • 1 XL 650 Maintenance & Spare Parts Kit:
  • 1 XL 650 Powder Check System:
  • 1 XL 650 Casefeed Adapter Black - 270/30.06/308
  • 1 XL 650 Casefeed Arm Bushing: White (Rifle)
  • 1 XL 650 Toolholder w/Wrench Set
  • 1 XL 650 Casefeed Tube - Large
  • 1 XL 650 Casefeed Body - Magnum
  • 1 XL 650 Caliber Conv: 44 Spec/Mag
  • 1 3-Die Set, Dillon, Carbide: 44 Spec/ Mag
  • 1 XL 650 Caliber Conv: 30-30 Win
  • 1 3-Die Set, Dillon, Rifle: 30-30 Win, Steel
  • 1 XL 650 Caliber Conv: 45-70
  • 1 Redding 3-Die Set: 45-70
  • 1 3-Die Set, Dillon, Carbide: 45 ACP/GAP
  • 1 Dillon Stainless Case Gage: 45 ACP
  • 1 3-Die Set, Dillon, Rifle, Steel: 308 Win
  • 1 Dillon Stainless Case Gage, Rifle: 308 Win
  • 1 Powder Bar: Magnum Rifle
  • 2 Powder Check Conv: 30-41 Caliber
  • 2 Powder Check Conv: 44-45 Caliber
  • 1 Powder Die: Extra Large
  • 1 Powder Funnel B - 30 Cal. Rifle
  • 1 RF 100 Large Primer Filler
  • 1 Primer Flip Tray
  • 1 Super Swage 600
  • 1 Spare Decapping Pins, 10-Pack: Dillon Pistol Dies
  • 1 Bullet Puller
  • 1 Case Lube, Dillon
  • 1 Machine Cover: XL 650
  • 1 Reloading Manual: Lyman #49
  • 1 Reloading Manual: Speer #14

I awoke to a pounding on the door and the ringing of my doorbell.

My first thought was that the secret poli..., er... service was finally here to arrest me. Then I realized that they would have probably just kicked the door in, so I grabbed my .45, threw on a eand went to the front door to see what was going on.

It turned out to be the FedEx guy, who was pounding because he had four large boxes to delive and two of them were quite clearly labeled Dillon, so he wanted to make sure I got them all inside.

I still don't have the bench ready, although that'll be just a few more days. A neighbor has offered to mill me a work surface out of some heavy wood-like countertop material he works with instead of me using my plywood idea. He says he can even put feet on it so that I can mount the equipment using carriage bolts without needing to countersink the heads.

Well, I guess I'll post an update once I get the stuff set up.

It's amazing how quick the stuff gets to you, isn't it? I love both Dillon and BE - kudos and congratulations - we know where you will be the next few days.

LOL, the next few WEEKS.

The hardest part is going to be controlling my eagerness to rip into the boxes before it's time.

Without boring you with the backstory, I have to do these things BEFORE I can set up my reloading bench:

1. Clean up my office, to include getting my router/switch rack squared away and ready for testing.
  2. Rebuild my main computer, now that I no longer have my fancy Verizon laptop.
  3. Clean up the living room.
  4. Set up the reloading area, which means basically converting the bar that I don''t use into a reloading bench that I WILL use; as well as get the shelves assemble, the pegboard mounted, the safe reorganized and all my supplies squared away. Not to mention mounting the power strips and hanging the overhead shop-light.

On the bright side, I get to look forward to setting up all that Dillon stuff, PLUS my brand new MEC 9000GN, plus the older Lee 10-10 press that I may as well set up because I HAVE the darned thing and I guess if nothing else I can use it to bang out 100 .45 loads if I have the 650 set up for something else and just have a hankering to go down to the range and make some noise. Then there's the RCBS Case Prep center, the Harbor Freight Sonic Cleaner and the Lyman Mag-20 Electric Furnace.

I haven't been this excited since i built my last Harley. :goof: