Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Comp Recoil Springs

rider82

I'm loading for my nephews M&P Pro, which seems to like a load I worked up using 124MG's and SR7625. It runs his M&P fine, but seems slighly sluggish in my Comp. I have run several loads in my X5 Comp that were around 125PF and they have extraction issues. The load I'm using in his Pro is right around 130PF. Can you drop down several pounds on the main recoil spring without running into problems with extraction? I'm trying to avoid two different loads if possible, since his load is fairly accurate in my gun. I'm also not sure what he standard recoil spring weight is in the X5 Comp. I'm hoping somebody has some experience with this issue. If necessary I guess I could bump up his load several tenths to boost the PF, just curious.

Our x5 will not function reliably with low pf loads with the stock recoil spring.....they run just fine with any factory load, so try and bump it over 130, it needs some power to move the heavy slide back.

We have not looked into lower weight recoil springs, not sure where to get something similar in a lower weight than the 9mm requires, maybe Gray Guns would have such a beast. But you can avoid all that bumping the load up, not to mention that you would need to meet minimum pf for most organizations anyway.....and the x5 will still shoot quite softly....

Our x5 will not function reliably with low pf loads with the stock recoil spring.....they run just fine with any factory load, so try and bump it over 130, it needs some power to move the heavy slide back.

We have not looked into lower weight recoil springs, not sure where to get something similar in a lower weight than the 9mm requires, maybe Gray Guns would have such a beast. But you can avoid all that bumping the load up, not to mention that you would need to meet minimum pf for most organizations anyway.....and the x5 will still shoot quite softly....

Heavy slide?? The X5 slide is lighter than a standard P226 slide.

Replacing the the main recoil spring with a 14lb wolff works just fine for minor PF loads BTW.

Thanks for the responses. I assume you are talking about the Wolf reduced power springs for Sig. Might order one and try it. I have seen some comments on the Sig forum about X-5 extraction issues. One of the posts mentioned lighter springs( read worn out) being part of the problem. I think the reasoning was that the gun unlocked prior to the pressure coming down, making it more difficult to extract. My X-5 slide is pretty light compared to a regular 226, in fact GGI basically told me they don't do any lightning cuts on the slide at all in their tune up package because most of the excess steel has already been taken out.

Thanks for the responses. I assume you are talking about the Wolf reduced power springs for Sig. Might order one and try it. I have seen some comments on the Sig forum about X-5 extraction issues. One of the posts mentioned lighter springs( read worn out) being part of the problem. I think the reasoning was that the gun unlocked prior to the pressure coming down, making it more difficult to extract. My X-5 slide is pretty light compared to a regular 226, in fact GGI basically told me they don't do any lightning cuts on the slide at all in their tune up package because most of the excess steel has already been taken out.

My X-5 Allround slide is approx. 1.75oz lighter than a P226 slide. People obsessed with high slide velocities will have problems with extraction for sure. The Wolff 14lb P226 recoil springs works just fine with minor PF loads. I have never had an extraction issue with my Allround. In fact the only problem I have had with my Allround was self induced. I had it lubed with slide glide heavy and when you combine that with cold temps and rain the slide sometimes would not go all the way into battery. Cleaned off the heavy slide glide and replaced it with light slide glide and all was well again.