Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

: P-07 for Production class?

goosedowner

I'm looking for a pistol for my girlfriend so she can shoot production class with me. I have a 75-SA and a Glock 17 and she finds the grips to wide for her small hands so I need something that has thinner grips and after handling the P-07 I thought it just might be the ticket.

Do you think the P-07 would make a good IDPA and USPSA production class gun?

Thanks

Lee

Unless production division is an absolute must, I would look at the STI spartan or trojan 9mm and have her shoot single stack. Grip is thin and you can use std or thin grips(which I believe the trojan comes with), recoil is very light, good trigger and holsters mag pouches are easily found. Shooting minor she would still have the same 10+1 you have just the score goes in a different division

Not legal for USPSA Production - the P-07 isn't on the list yet.

You can get thin grips for a standard CZ, and they are legal in Production. However, double-action trigger reach may be a problem with a standard CZ; the recurve trigger (P-01/SP-01 style) might help.

You've probably already figured out that the P07 is not yet legal for the Production Division

While I think the SP01 Shadow is one of the finest Production guns, I will make one other suggestion.

If she has really tiny hands, try out an M&P with a small backstrap.

You've probably already figured out that the P07 is not yet legal for the Production Division

While I think the SP01 Shadow is one of the finest Production guns, I will make one other suggestion.

If she has really tiny hands, try out an M&P with a small backstrap.

+1 to both comments.

My wife is pretty tiny....5'2" and 105lbs with very small hands. The first time she shot my M&P Pro she said "oh, this is a wussy gun; anybody could shoot it". She hated the way Glocks felt, but like my 1911s. R,

The polymer framed SP-01 Phantom might be the ticket.

I'm looking for a pistol for my girlfriend so she can shoot production class with me. I have a 75-SA and a Glock 17 and she finds the grips to wide for her small hands so I need something that has thinner grips and after handling the P-07 I thought it just might be the ticket.

Do you think the P-07 would make a good IDPA and USPSA production class gun?

Thanks

Lee