Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am doing great! Thank you. For outlaw matches I run a Glock 34 in 9mm to get that 23 round mag capacity. For USPSA 3 gun matches you got to shot 40 S&W pistol to get major power factor points. I use a G35 for USPSA 3 gun.

Pistols are typically a small part of 3 gun so just about any gun you shoot well will suit you just fine starting out.

KJ, understand me when I tell you that I'm not being rude when I tell you this, but you can gather a great amount of information about the subject if you spend a few days browsing the previous topics in this section of the forum. When I first got in here I asked some of the questions you are thinking of now, and a few souls suggested the same thing I am now to you. So I spent a week or so going all the way back to the beginning in this section. WOW! Take my word for it, give it a try.

ken hebert and jtischause,

Thanks for both of your guys input. Trust me I am getting on here as much as I can. However do to my current situation as a U.S. Solider serving on my 3rd tour in Iraq my internet connection isn't that great so it is slow going. But the good thing is that I only have about 3 1/2 months left over here. I do my best to keep up with what I can find on all the different web sites. I also just got back from my vacation back home in the states which allowed me to pick up one of the new FN SLP MK1 shotguns. On a positive note I have been able to pick up some good info on this site about that shotgun.

Again thanks to both of you.

KJ

KJ...welcome and thank you!

Any idea where you'll be when you get back?

For USPSA 3-gun I would look at Glock/M&P/XD(m) in .40 so you can get scored major and get 20 or so in the gun.

For outlaw matches that don't differentiate between major and minor, one of the above in 9mm so you can get 23 or so in.

Well I have been at Ft Lewis, WA for 10 yrs now. But I am currently trying to go to one of the following upon return from this deployment later this summer.

Ft Carson, CO

Ft Campbell, KY

Ft Stewart or Ft Benning, GA

Ft Hood, TX since its just a couple of hours from home.

I actually found out about USPSA, IPSC and IDPA shooting from attending a CQB trainging class from the AMU team, along with some longrange stuff from there rifle team.

KJ