Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What class in ipsc / uspsa is a 9mm x5

fastarget

What class are you using your 9mm x5 in, and how competitive is it?

In USPSA only the "P226 X-Five All Around (45.2 oz.)" is listed on the approved production gun list. other wise limited, limited 10, or open and shooting minor

From the SIG website looks to be used by at least one top IPSIC shooter in Europe.

MDA

MDA,

Thank you for the info. Is it competitive in L10? not much discussion by shooters using the x5.

Limited-10 Minor wouldn't be a great choice....you get no additional mag capacity (like you would in Limited or Single Stack) and you're losing more points for every B, C and D. So, generally, it's not the most competitive setup.

P.S. Guns are by division, shooters are by class, i.e. an A class shooter in Limited-10 division. R,

I think Matt Cheely was working on one, a sponsored gun. I wonder what class he was shooting it in. Open probably.....

Depending on which division he is shooting, he's either a GM or a M class shooter. He's a GM class shooter in Open division.

Edited by racerba

I think Matt Cheely was working on one, a sponsored gun. I wonder what class he was shooting it in. Open probably.....

[/quote}

He would either be shooting it in GM or M depending on what division.

Then one would assume that it has potential......also depends on what magic Matt has done to it. Hope to hear what he thinks.

[/quote}

He would either be shooting it in GM or M depending on what division.

Then one would assume that it has potential......also depends on what magic Matt has done to it. Hope to hear what he thinks.

He actually answered your thread about the .40 X5 and said it wasn't as good as an STI as far as being a Limited gun...he's taking weight out trying to make it the equal. I don't believe he has an X5 9mm...he was waiting on an All Around for Production.

A GM or very good M can shoot pretty much anything well, so don't read too much into what they're using. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

yes he did a while back regarding a 40 I was considering in a purchase as a way into Limited. I took his advice and passed on it.

I was not sure of the caliber Matt was working on......In this thread, the information was to help determine whether to keep or sell the all stainless x5 and the tactical in 9mm that we have used in other venues and get something for idpa as well as uspsa......

kind of a hunt for info before a quick sale becomes a mistake, especially regarding my wife's gun. :surprise:

Edited by fastarget

I had a X5L1 in 40 for Limited / L10. not overly competitive in Limited but you can use it in L10 without too much trouble.

Going to a 226 USPSA for production... No handicap there, great gun for production division.

Edited by Matt Cheely