Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp. Electronics USB interface/ remote

I am thinking about finally getting a chrono of my own. I will be buying the ProChono digital. I also have read some reviews of the USB interface to allow the information to relay back to my PC. It seems like a great idea so that I dont need to write everything down. I saw that the older reviews(version 1.7) were not so hot. Wondering if anyone has experience with the old or new version. Or the remote for that matter. I will generally shoot on a range to myself so reseting the chrone wont be too much of a hassle, but it seems like a nice thing to have.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

• 7 months later...

If you can hold off until after christmas i can give you a little review on it. I bought the interface and gave it to my wife to give me for christmas. :huh:

I am thinking about finally getting a chrono of my own. I will be buying the ProChono digital. I also have read some reviews of the USB interface to allow the information to relay back to my PC. It seems like a great idea so that I dont need to write everything down. I saw that the older reviews(version 1.7) were not so hot. Wondering if anyone has experience with the old or new version. Or the remote for that matter. I will generally shoot on a range to myself so reseting the chrone wont be too much of a hassle, but it seems like a nice thing to have.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I had an older version of the timer, but not any interface. It worked fine, but I did not think that the "low tone" beep helped me hear it. I have a high freq hearing loss, and I bought the timer because of that feature. Until I got electronic earmuffs, my reaction was always slow because I was never sure that I'd heard the start beep.