Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P or GP6

usmc1974

I'm biased, as I own a GP6.

The grip is similar. The mags are of equal quality. The GP6 rocks with a much nicer single action trigger, and a fantastic reset. The double action isn't quite as light as a SP01 Shadow, but it's nice. I confess that I don't like the S&W or Glock triggers.

The safety on the GP6 isn't as good as a 1911, and if you like to ride the safety, you will not immediately love the GP6.

I love my M&P 9 Pro. The thing that turns me off of the GP6 is needing to decock with the trigger for each stage. That, and I don't like DA/SA guns in general. Also, the M&P is made here in the USA, for those that matters to.

How do they compare? GP6 looks very user friendly.

A better comparison would be GP6 to SP01 - GP6 and MP are different animals. I can only speak to the SP and MP: the SP01 is solid, well built and very accurate but I couldn't get used to DA and general feel of the gun. I'm shooting the Pro now with D. Burwell's excellent trigger and Dawson adjustables - the gun works for me though I'm a bit disapointed with how it shoots 147's even with the Storm Lk bbl. I'm still working on finding "the load". The CZ I had seemed to shoot everything well.

I can't really say anything about the GP6 but I can say something about the M&P 9L/Pro. I love my 9L. It feels good, accurate, reliable, and is inexpensive. The thing I don't like about the STI is the DA/SA pull.