Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Selling my apartment

BritinUSA

Just 22 days after putting my apartment on the market, I have an accepted offer ! I thought this process would take months as it's a buyers market out there at the moment, a lot of people looking to sell so they can buy up and get the $6500 check from the tax payers.

Tomorrow I have to go look at a potential new house (for me) in the middle of a blizzard, we've had about 3 inches so far this afternoon. It was throwing it down earlier, that 3 inches fell in about 2.5 hours.

Just 22 days after putting my apartment on the market, I have an accepted offer ! I thought this process would take months as it's a buyers market out there at the moment, a lot of people looking to sell so they can buy up and get the $6500 check from the tax payers.

Tomorrow I have to go look at a potential new house (for me) in the middle of a blizzard, we've had about 3 inches so far this afternoon. It was throwing it down earlier, that 3 inches fell in about 2.5 hours.

Hate to say it, bro, but I think you may have to postpone the looking tomorrow. I suspect the whole front range will be shut down. We had 8 inches on the ground here in Castle Rock at 2200.

Its not too bad in Boulder at the moment, we had about 8 inches here last night and nothing new this morning. I only have a month to find someplace to live, so I have to get moving on the search. Not much in my price range at the moment, going to be looking at a place built in 2003 and maybe some new homes as well.

Paul,

when we were trying to find our current house, I started by keeping a listings file, organized by town and neighborhood. The slideshows on realty websites were a godsend -- as I could eliminate a bunch of houses immediately. Mapquest helped a bit too. Having the info organized, let me plan Open House Sundays -- while Carol was working --- where I had no problem hitting 15-20 houses between 12-4, with a little careful travel planning (which could take a good hour or so before leaving the house....)

If the house wouldn't work, it was usually apparent in the first two minute scan. If it had potential I'd spend a few more minutes; if I thought it was a contender at that point, I'd put an asterisk on the listing and let my real estate agent know that Carol and I wanted to see it during the week. Starting out with 15-20, Carol and I would usually go out on Monday or Wednesday and see 3-5 of them plus another house or two suggested by our realtor....

It's a buyer's market -- many folks need to sell. I wouldn't be offering anything close to listing price unless it was perfect, really your dream house for the foreseeable future.....

Nik, thanks for the advice. I've been scouring the internet for a few days just in case my place sold. I have seen a few potential ones that are outside my price range but as you say, its a buyer's market so I'll definitely be thinking about low-ball offers for a while.