Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hallo from South Africa

Stephan

Welcome to the forums. Check out the Clays subforum and the Multi gun forum. They both talk about shotguns. You'll find some answers in there.

Flyin

Will do. Thank you. I am 25 and I'am doing this forum thing for the first time, sad I know.

OK-the really cool USPSA shotgun is the Benelli M1 Super 90 with pistol grip and 21 inch ribbed barrel (field). Usually to make them run like a top they need some opening of the loading port, some bolt lightening, a extended magazine to hold 8 rounds +1 in the chamber, and a fiber optic front sight. Benelli is an inertia driven, not gas operated gun, but when set up right, they will run most any light load, like 3dram, 1oz, 7.5(american) size lead shot at about 1150-1200 ft per sec. Chokes come with it and improved cylinder and modified are what you will need. Now-some shooters like the regular stock, which can be tweaked with the shims included to fit your grip and stance. The M1 is not made any more-the M2 is the new model-not exactly the same. The Nova is the model for pump(manual) shooters. The M4 is really heavy and for military type use-though I think they could be useful around the house and in the bush. I tried the new Vinci with a 28" barrel-that is one of the best duck guns I have ever shot. No one's modded it for competition yet-I don't think. Like they said-check the forums that were mentioned and you will find a lot of more specific information in there. Benelli makes great shotguns. We all love South Africa for its involvement in creating and continuing participation in IPSC-welcome.