Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reload Data

mmorel

I am looking for an accurate load for my .223: Bushmaster V-Match 20", 1:9 twist, can't seem to get inside an inch+, have been shooting military 55gr and American Eagle 62gr. I have some commercial brass to reload.

Also looking for a load for my .22-250: Rem 700 VLS , 26" , 1:14 twist. Same problem, can't get under 1 inch+, am shooting PMC 55gr psp and Fereral 55gr sp. I have good brass to reload. Thanks, M.

For the Bushy, a 69 gr Sierra MatchKing under Winchester 748. Sub-MOA might require some careful reloading, like trying different primers, and turning case necks. Some people will say you would be lucky to get sub-MOA out of a Bushy chrome-lined barrel; I'd say you can easily do it if you already get close to MOA with factory 55 gr FMJ.

I don't have a .223, but my 22-250 just loves 55gr. Nosler Ballistic tips and H414 powder. Work up to the maximum in your rifle by starting with the Hodgdon manual. Start a couple grains under their listed max, because I have seen H414 vary slightly from lot to lot. It flows wonderful through a measure. My Savage likes Winchester Large rifle primers in this load. It will shoot under one inch at 200yds., consistently.