Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi at Rio Salado...

ChuckS

From an email:

Bianchi Matches???

I have had several shooters asking me why we are not running the Bianchi format matches like we have been doing the last few years, so I wanted to pass on some information.

Historically the Bianchi format matches have not had very high attendance. However, we would be happy to set up and run the matches, if there is enough interest. In fact, if half the shooters who have asked me about the match recently showed up I think we would have plenty of shooters to run the match. This is a perfect match to work your accuracy skills we have all been saying we want to hone...

I have included some quick information about the match below.

If you are interested in shooting this or you would like more information, please send me an email at kyleas@gmail.com so I can get an idea of what I should expect for the attendance and so I can better determine if we should set up the match.

The dates would be April 11th and/or May 9th cost would be the same price as a typical weekend paper match.

For those interested here is some quick information about the match.

Basically it is four different courses of fire, that are similar to USPSA standards stages, but using and NRA D-1 or AP-1 targets.

Every string of fire has a par time and a specified number of shots...so it is all about points and accuracy.

There are three basic divisions; Open, Metallic, and Production. Although the official gun rules are slightly different, for the purpose of our weekend match, you may shoot your USPSA Open, limited/revolver and production/revolver guns in each division respectively. Minimum power factor is 120 (there will not be a chronograph at the weekend match).

You do not need to have the course of fire or the scoring memorized. The match directors generally run the clock for you and we can explain each string of fire and score the targets.

Summary of events:

Falling plate event - 6 plates (plate rack) shot from 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards

Moving target event - strings shot from 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards

Barricade event - strings shot from 10, 15, 25, and 35 yards

Practical event - strings shot from 10, 15, 25 and 50 yards

All strings start with the gun holstered with wrists above shoulders (except the barricade event, hands start flat on the barricade)

each event is 48 rounds (192 rounds total) with no string of fire more than 6 rounds (no reloads are required during a string of fire).

We have also discussed running a modified course of fire for each event for shooters who are new, or shooters who are not GM, M or A class USPSA shooters (we are still working out the criteria - but I think that is pretty close). The modified course of fire would reduce or eliminate the number of strings at the further distances. Please also let me know if this would be appealing to you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Kyle Schmidt

Glad to see more people taking up the baton.

Chuck,

When we have new shooters we introduce them to the match by letting them shoot the first string only on each course of fire. Essentially shooting only 48rounds (480Match). This way they can ease them selves into the whole deal without beating themselves up over not shooting as well as some. Ths has proved especially popular among youngsters. They just shoot from low ready with 22lr pistols. No holsters and no stress.

If they want to work up then it is the first two sets of strings, 96rounds. Then onto the full match. It's the long range stuff that can kill it for beginners.

No holsters and no stress.

And much safer than a nervous first timer drawing from a holster...

I've observed that beginners struggling to make the par times from the holster are also prone to "forgetting" to engage their safety thinking that they can save some time, so letting them start at the low ready eliminates the dangers of that temptation.