Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory Aluminum grips

liontribe

i have a lead on a set of aluminum grips that are used and a very good price. they are listed as Standard Comp Frame Aluminum Grips on the EAA website. i need to know if these will fit a Match frame. i have the factory aluminum grips on my Limited pistols and would love to have the same style on my Match. that and they are quite a bit less $$ than a new pair. these are longer than the factory magwell grips, so i was hoping they would fit my new Match. thanks.

liontribe

I don't think they will work for your match because they will probably not be long enough. The Competition guns have the slip on mag well and the grip panels are cut shorter to accommodate the magwell. The Match gun grip panels go all the way down to the bottom of the frame. You can double check this by talking to Henning if you like as I am pretty sure he knows all of the possible grip panel configurations across all of the EAA/Tanfo guns.

i found out the one i was looking at, even though longer than the one made for the factory magwell, was still not right for the Match frame. i will just go with a henning grip. i was trying to keep the same grips across the board, but alas, it was not to be. i did take my dremel and shave down the factory rubber grips. they were thick as a brick.

liontribe